While National General Insurance offers many different insurance products, they are well known for being one of the largest automobile insurers in the United States.
In addition to auto insurance, National General Insurance also offers affordable and high-quality products for RVs, motorcycles, businesses, and homes.
National General Insurance also comes with a nationwide network of claims professionals, a 24/7 claims hotline, and superior claims services for its customers nationwide.
If you’re shopping around for insurance for your auto, home, or recreational vehicle and considering National General Insurance, keep reading to learn more.
National General Auto Insurance Review
National General Insurance is one of the largest auto insurers in the United States, and for good reason.
This company offers a broad range of policies with special perks that can make your coverage more comprehensive and valuable.
Superior benefits their policies offer include:
- Guaranteed repairs, including a lifetime guarantee on all collision repairs made at approved repair shops
- Guaranteed claims service satisfaction with the promise to waive your deductible if you’re not happy (not available in Texas)
- GM and GMAC discounts for consumers who have GM auto financing, a GMAC mortgage, a GM card, or a job with General Motors
- SmartValet service that picks up your damaged car and brings you a rental when you file a claim
- Affordable premiums that can help consumers save up to $442 per year
One factor that helps National General Insurance stand out is the fact that they offer so many discounts to help you save on premiums.
Discounts that may be available on your automobile policy include:
- GM and GMAC customer discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
- GM loyalty discount
- Safe driver discount
- Motorcycle discount
- Low mileage discount
- Affinity discount
- GM supplier discount
National General Insurance also offers special policies for teenage drivers and older drivers.
Finally, they offer additional extended coverage options that can be utilized to tailor your insurance policy to your family’s unique needs.
National General Insurance RV Coverage
National General Insurance is also a popular option for consumers who own recreational vehicles.
With National General Insurance RV coverage, you can personalize a policy to protect an RV of any size whether you travel part-time or all year long.
Exceptional features you’ll find in National General Insurance RV policies include:
- Storage option: lets you suspend coverage when your RV is parked and not on the road
- Optional full replacement cost coverage: provides you with a comparable new RV if yours is totaled or stolen
- Personal belongings coverage: up to $3,000 in belongings if they are stolen or damaged in your RV
- Permanent attachments coverage: replaces permanently attached structures at the full replacement cost
- Multi-policy discount: when you insure your RV and auto or home with National General Insurance
- Full-time coverage: tailored to couples and families who live in their RVs full-time
In addition to offering a multi-policy discount, National General Insurance also extends several other ways to lower your premiums.
Discounts available to RV owners can be based on low mileage, long-term storage, early prepayment, GM/GMAC loyalty, and other factors.
National General Insurance Homeowners
Not surprisingly, National General Insurance is one of the best homeowners insurance companies, also offering renter’s insurance and insurance for condominiums.
These policies can be tailored to offer adequate coverage for your dwelling, liability, and personal belongings depending on your needs.
Coverage options you can find in National General Insurance homeowners and renter’s policies include:
- Guaranteed and extended replacement of your home that ensures the total costs of replacing your dwelling are covered regardless of repair costs
- Green upgrade option that includes up to $50,000 of coverage good for rebuilding with Earth-friendly and sustainable materials
- Personal belongings coverage that will kick in to cover expensive personal possessions such as jewelry, electronics, watches, and furs
- Identity theft protection that pays up to $15,000 in certain expenses to pay for identity restoration
Homeowners and renter’s coverage through National General Insurance can be made more affordable due to the many discounts the company offers.
Discounts available can be offered based on the age of your home, whether you have multiple insurance policies, and whether you live in a neighborhood with a homeowner’s association.
Other discounts you could receive may be based on:
- Claim Free
- College Education
- Gated Community
- Home Buyer
- Insurance to Value
- Prime Time
- Protective Devices
- Superior Construction
Other Insurance Products from National General Insurance
In addition to their automobile, homeowners, and RV insurance, National General Insurance offers an array of insurance coverage options for small businesses including small business auto insurance and small business commercial and property insurance.
They also offer motorcycle insurance, Mexico insurance for customers who plan to drive a car or an RV into Mexico, insurance for collectible or classic cars, asset protection for lenders, and health insurance.
Finally, National General Insurance offers a Benefits Solutions department that helps small businesses create a realistic approach to health insurance for their employees.
As you compare insurance options, keep in mind that National General Insurance offers a website with several features to make managing your policy details much easier.
You can log into your online account at any time to see your policy details, make changes to your policy, or check in on your insurance premiums.
You can also pay your bill online thanks to their simple and secure online payment interface.
Also note that their customer care department is available to help with questions, concerns, and claims during regular business hours on weekdays.
And their claims hotline is available and ready to help 24/7 and 365 days per year.
If you’re planning to buy an insurance policy to cover your automobile, recreational vehicle (RV), motorcycle, rental property, or personal residence, take time to explore National General Insurance and all they have to offer.
Their wide selection of coverage options and many discounts available make it possible for consumers to choose individualized policies that meet their unique needs without overspending.
Also, make sure to compare policies and companies as you shop.
By comparing policies and companies in terms of their premiums, ratings, reviews, and coverage limits, you’re bound to wind up with quality insurance you can afford.